The EU-funded CORE project successfully held its fourth webinar which took place online on 9th November 2023. The event focused on this occasion on the topic of Emerging Technologies in Disaster Risk Reduction bringing the perspective of speakers from the CORE project and beyond.
The webinar was an opportunity to provide a more technical perspective with presentations on Artificial Intelligence in
Disaster Management, the use of crowdsourced data for rapid impact assessment and an overview of the current aerial technologies and their specific application in the CEMS (Copernicus Emergency Management Syervice) mapping system while also sharing a more research approach on how these technologies can be used to enhance safety culture.
Speakers that joined the webinar included:
- Bernd Resch, Associate Professor (University of Salzburg)
- Ronnen Avny, Researcher (University of Salerno)
- Guido Di Carlo, GIS Expert (Copernicus Emergency Management Service)
- Lorena Kuratle, doctoral student (ETH Zurich)
- Rémy Bossu, seismologist and director (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
Would you like to learn more? Material and recordings from the event are available HERE