PSCE is committed to respecting the privacy of its members and complying with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The purpose of this Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is to inform you, in a transparent manner, about the data we collect, the purpose for collecting it, the way we use it and the rights you have regarding the processing of such data.
1. PSCE CONTACT INFORMATION
Here is our complete contact information:
Public Safety Communication Europe (PSCE)
Rue Des Deux Eglises 39
2. What data do we collect?
PSCE collects your identifying information (surname, first name, e-mail address, website, delivery address and country).
3. Why do we collect your data?
The collection and processing of your data is necessary for the performance and functioning of our organisation to which you are a member. This relates to the key pillars of PSCE’s activities, meaning we share information to enhance our work and foster excellence in 1) Policy, 2) Communication, 3) Conferences and workshops, 4) EU projects and 5) Standardisation. We distribute information about our activities, groups and conferences and we circulate online questionnaires to generate interaction. PSCE also keeps members informed about public safety developments via email and newsletters with the objective of improving our services and more generally to facilitate communication with each other.
4. How do we collect your data?
Your data is communicated to us by your active intervention.
5. Is your data protected?
6. How long do we store your data?
We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued. Once this goal is achieved, we either delete or anonymise them.
7. What are your rights and how can they be exercised?
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
• right to access the data - you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data. • right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete. • right to erasure - you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten. • right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes. •. right to data portability - you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format. In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please notify us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Belgian supervisory authority is the Data Protection Authority.
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
8. Who has access to your data and to whom are they communicated?
The PSCE Secretariat has access to it only to the extent necessary for processing your request and/or for fulfilling the objectives pursued. Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality. Emails are sent to members on a regular basis showing the email addresses of all members. If you would rather have your email address hidden when we circulate emails to all members, please let us know using the above contact details. We do not share your data with non-PSCE members unless otherwise authorised and approved by the member. There is a list of PSCE member organisations on the PSCE website https://www.psc-europe.eu which does not contain any personal data.
9. How to receive our services?
We only use your email address to offer you services.
With your consent, we will keep you in our distribution list to keep you updated about our activities and offer you other services that may interest you. You can unsubscribe and withdraw your consent to these communications at any time by contacting us at the above contact details.